If you love Indian desserts and cakes then this has to be your next Fun In The Kitchen baking session.
Played around with a few recipes to come up with this fusion Almond Coconut Barfi (Indian dessert) Cake. Have made this a few times this year and it’s been a favorite.
Almond Coconut Barfi Cake
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup dry sweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 9 tbsp oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp finely/ freshly ground cardamom powder
Fresh Cream Icing For The Cake
- 1 ½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- chopped Pistachios and almonds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease one or two 9-inch round cake pan/s
- With a hand mixer whisk together oil and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs (one at a time), mixing until incorporated.
- Add milk and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl mix together the almond meal, coconut flour, dry coconut and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Lightly bang the pan on the counter to evenly spread the batter.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean as oven temps.
- The cake should be lightly golden brown.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes or so.
- Chill the cake in the refrigerator to firm up before decorating
Icing & Decorating The Cake
- Whip cream, sugar, and vanilla extract at a high speed till a somewhat thick drip consistency.
- Drizzle the cream on the cake
- Decorate using coarsely chopped pistachios, almonds and rose petals
As always have FUN IN YOUR KITCHEN as every creation is your very own, and one of its kind masterpieces.
This is my creation that I am sharing. If you try the recipe, do tag me on Instagram – Footprint The World and add the tag #footprinttheworld as it’s always so fun to see the different variations.
“Be so full of love that you leave no room in your heart for hate”-RGK