This is a simple cake that is perfect as a dessert or even with an evening cup of tea or coffee. I have been making the pistachio cake for quite a few years now and it started off from a recipe from a friend.
I have modified it quite a bit with every baking adventure and has become quite a crowd-pleaser. Recently I started adding poppy seeds which add the perfect crunch and pairs so well with the nutty flavors of the cake.
Lately, most of my cakes have been gluten-free and my go-to flour is Bob’s Red Mill – 1-to-1. After many trials and tribulations, this is the flour that has consistently worked best for me. The creativity of cakes depends on your personal choice and mood. I also love getting creative with fresh flowers, fruits, chocolate flakes, and edible bling. You can also bake a bundt cake with this recipe. I have an array of cake pans and the cakes look different depending on the pan used. Check out the list at the end of the post to see some of my favorites
Pistachio Poppy Seed Cake Recipe
- 1½ cup All-purpose flour or GF Flour
- ½ cup Oil
- 1 cup Fine sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ⅛ cup Poppy seeds
- ⅛ cup Coarsely crushed pistachios
- ½ cup Almond or oat milk or regular milk
- 1 pkt Pistachio flavor instant pudding mix 4 serving size
- pinch Salt
Fresh Cream Icing For The Cake
- 1 ½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
Decor For Cake
- ¼ cup Coarsely chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray pan with baking spray
- In a large bowl, use a hand blender and mix oil and sugar for a few minutes
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt one by one ( fold the dry ingredients slowly to incorporate air and will result in lighter and fluffier cake)
- Add the eggs one by one (making sure each one is mixed before adding the next)
- Add the milk and vanilla extract and mix for a few mins
- Add the Pistachio mix and poppy seeds and mix again
- Fold in the coarsley chopped pistachios
- Bake at 350° for 32 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean as oven temps vary
Icing & Decorating The Cake
- Whip cream, sugar, and vanilla extract at a high speed till a somewhat thick drip consistency.
- Drizzle the cream on the cake
- Decorate using coarsely chopped pistachios
CAKE PAN LIST
- Swirly/Brilliance Bundt Pan
- Heritage Bundt Pan
- Elite Mini Fluted Tube Cake Pan, 6-Cavity
- Original Bundt
- Magnolia Pan
- Star Bundt Pan
- Charlotte Cake Pan
- Heritage Cast Loaf Pan
- 9″ Round Cake Pan
- 6 Inch Round Tier Cake Pans (4 Pcs)
- 4 Inch Round Tier Cake Pan (4 Pcs)
As always have FUN IN YOUR KITCHEN as every creation is your very own, and one of its kind masterpieces.
This is my creation that I am sharing. If you try the recipe, do tag me on Instagram – Footprint The World and add the tag #footprinttheworld as it’s always so fun to see the different variations.
This looks certainly delicious and also, not too complicated!