Who doesn’t love soup? Most people associate soup with a cold chilly day to warm you up. But did you know that some cultures love to have soup in the middle of summer as that brings down your body temperature and actually cools you more than an ice cream cone? Don’t believe me?
Try it out for yourself.
𝐇𝗼𝐭 & 𝐒𝗼𝐮𝐫 𝐒𝗼𝐮𝐩 ( Chinese)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 8 cups Veggie broth
- 2 cup Mushrooms
- 1 cup Carrots sliced
- ½ cup smoked tofu cut in long slivers (or regular) Extra Firm
- Soy sauce per taste
- 3 tbsp sambal paste can add more per taste
- 2 tbsps Cornstarch mix with 4 tbsps cold water
- 2 Eggs (whisked together) Can add just 1 (depends on taste)
- Sliced green onions garnish
- In a large pot, heat up sesame oil, add broth and sambal paste
- Bring to boil and add tofu/ vegetables and simmer for like 10 Mins
- Add cornstarch mix/simmer for 5 mins
- Turn off heat and add eggs (stir constantly with a fork)
- Add green onions
Always have FUN IN YOUR KITCHEN as every creation is your very own, and one of its kind masterpieces. This is my creation that I am sharing. If you do try the recipe, do tag me on my Instagram – Footprint The World and add the tag #footprinttheworld as it’s always so fun to see the different variations.