One of the easiest Spicy Noodle soup recipe. It’s packed with fresh, bold, and fragrant flavors. It is the perfect blend of coconut, Trader Joe’s red curry sauce, spices, and rice noodles. It is a perfect comforting and filling quick soup on a cold day. It’s very similar to the Khow Suey, which is a Burmese Noodle Soup. You can check out that recipe by clicking the link.
Spicy Thai Noodle Soup
- 2 tbsp sesame oil/ coconut oil or peanut oil
- 1 jar Red Curry Sauce Trader Joes*
- 3 tbsp Sambal adjust per your spice level
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp ginger (grated)
- 4 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 32 oz Vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 can (14oz) Coconut milk
- 2 cup mushroom (sliced)
- 1 cup carrots (julienned)
- Salt per taste
- 1 box Extra Firm Tofu
- Thin Rice Noodles
- Lime Juice
- cilantro, roasted crushed peanuts, red chilies (optional)
- Cook rice noodles as per package instructions and set aside
- Press tofu for 15 minutes to remove excess water
- Cut tofu into squares and sauté till slightly brown
- On medium heat sauté garlic, ginger, tumeric and curry paste in oil for 2/3 minutes
- Add broth, coconut milk and bring to a slight boil
- Add mushroom, carrots, and lime juice
- Simmer for 15 minutes (stir occasionaly)
- Add tofu pieces and simmer for a few more minutes
- Taste for seasoning of salt, spice, and sour level you prefer
Serving The Soup
- Take one serving of rice noodle, pour the soup over the noodles, and garnish crushed peanuts, chilies, and cilantro. Best served when nice and hot.
As always have FUN IN YOUR KITCHEN as every creation is your very own, and one of its kind masterpieces.
This is my creation that I am sharing.
If you try the recipe, do tag me on Instagram – Footprint The World and add the tag #footprinttheworld as it’s always so fun to see the different variations.