Have you ever tried shishito peppers at one of your local Japanese restaurants? Shishito peppers come from Asia and are bright green in color, wrinkly, and small. They are usually somewhat on the sweeter side with a slight smoky ﬂavor but be careful as you may just catch a spicy one in the mix.
This recipe is simple and great for a quick little appetizer for your next social distancing zoom facetime happy hour with friends.
It’s a family favorite of ours, and one of our go-to recipes to make for an at-home family happy hour on the weekend.
Blistered Ginger Shishito Peppers
- 25/30 Shishito Peppers
- dash Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce (can use Gluten Free also)
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- small knuckle Peeled/grated ginger
- 1 tsp Sambal Paste or per taste
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes per taste
- lime juice
- Mix the sauce ingredients and set aside
- Add Sambal and pepper flakes to the sauce per taste
- On medium heat saute peppers in oil for about 7/8 minutes or until peppers are tender and charred/blistered on the outside
- Add the sauce to the pan and cook for one more minute
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve hot
As always have FUN IN YOUR KITCHEN as every creation is your very own, and one of its kind masterpieces.
This is my creation that I am sharing. If you try the recipe, do tag me on Instagram – Footprint The World and add the tag #footprinttheworld as it’s always so fun to see the different variations.