A tandoor is a clay cylindrical oven used for baking and cooking. They use charcoal or wood and the food is cooked on an open flame. Most Indian restaurants have one but most Indian homes are not lucky to have one, so we use gas/electric or sometimes even BBQ grills. Tandoori refers to a cooking method and involves the marination of meat, paneer(Indian cottage cheese) or any vegetables in yogurt and a spices.
So why not add some quick spicy sizzle to your evening with some piquant tandoori achari (pickle) shrimp or scallops. I do not use yogurt for tandoori marination of Shrimp or Scallops.
Tandoori Achari (Pickle) Shrimp/Scallops – Indian
- 1 Bag of thawed Uncooked shrimp peeled, deveined, tail off shrimp
- Or Scallops approximately 15
- 2 tsp fresh chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin powder Indian store or online
- 2 tbsp Indian Tandoori Masala Indian Store or online(any brand)
- 2 tbsp Mango pickle (achar) Indian store or online(any brand)
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes depending on taste
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients above and marinate for 20 mins
- Heat a little Olive oil in the cast iron pan and cook for approx 2.5 minutes on each side ..(don’t overcook as they will get chewy)
- OR you can also skewer them and cook them on them grill..
- 𝑺𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒕 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒗𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒄𝒌𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒍. 🍹 (Paloma- recipe below)
- 1 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 REPOSADO TEQUILA
- 3 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔 𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒉 𝒍𝒊𝒎e,𝒐𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒑𝒆𝒇𝒓𝒖𝒊𝒕 𝒋𝒖𝒊𝒄𝒆
- 𝑺𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒉 𝒐𝒇 𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒄𝒂 𝒂𝒔 𝒑𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆
- 𝑺𝒂𝒍𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒊𝒎 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒍𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒍𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒅𝒈𝒆
As always have FUN IN YOUR KITCHEN as every creation is your very own, and one of its kind masterpieces. If you do try the recipe, do tag me on my Instagram – Footprint The World and add the tag #footprinttheworld as its always so fun to see the different variations.