This is my very favorite vanilla sponge cake recipe that I had gotten from a family friend years ago. It is a very easy recipe, and perfect for everyday baking. I use this as a base for so many different cakes. It is light, fluffy, and spongy. I will tag this cake in many other recipes for a start to other cakes. It’s a 6 ingredient cake which most of us have in our pantry.
Lately, all my cakes have been gluten-free and my go-to flour is Bob’s Red Mill – 1-to-1 . After many trials and tribulations, this is the one that has consistently worked best for me. The creativity of the cake depends on your personal choice and mood. I love getting creative with fresh flowers, fruits, chocolate flakes, fresh cream, cool whip, and edible bling.
𝑽𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑺𝒑𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝑪𝒂𝒌𝒆
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or GF Bob's red mill gluten free flour
- 1 cup fine sugar or regular sugar is also okay I just blend the regular sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 10 tbsp oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300℉. Grease Cake pan
- In a large bowl use a hand blender to mix oil and sugar for a few minutes
- Add flour, baking powder and salt one by one (making sure each one is mixed before you mix the next one)
- Add the eggs one by one and the vanilla extract
- Mix it for about 5 minutes
- Pour the batter into the pan. Lightly bang the pan on the counter to evenly spread the batter.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean as oven temps vary. Make sure to test the center
Get creative with decorating the cake
As always have FUN IN YOUR KITCHEN as every creation is your very own, and one of its kind masterpieces.
This is my creation that I am sharing. If you try the recipe, do tag me on Instagram – Footprint The World and add the tag #footprinttheworld as it’s always so fun to see the different variations.